Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game is a side-scrolling beat 'em up game based on the Scott Pilgrim series of graphic novels by Bryan Lee O'Malley, coinciding with the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World movie. It was published by Ubisoft and developed by Ubisoft Montreal with Ubisoft Chengdu. It was released on the PlayStation Network in August 10, 2010, and was then released on Xbox Live Arcade in August 25, 2010. The Knives Chau Add-On Pack, adding Knives as a playable character, two game modes (Dodgeball and Battle Royale), and a patch that added the option to drop in or drop out of gameplay was released on the PlayStation Network on November 9, 2010, the same day as the movie. A second DLC pack, which implements online multiplayer and adds Wallace Wells as a playable character, was released on the PlayStation Network on March 12, 2013, and on Xbox Live Arcade on March 13, 2013. On December 30, 2014, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game was delisted from the Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network. The reason for this is unknown. As of 2016, the game and its DLC can still be aquired by purchasing download codes from Best Buy's website.
Design and StyleEdit
The game is in the form of a 2D arcade sidescroller fighter where up to 4 players are able to team up to fight Ramona's evil exes. The art and design for the characters and levels has been developed by Paul Robertson, the animator who gave us Pirate Baby's Cabana Street Fight 2006 and Kings of Power 4 Billion%. Bryan Lee O'Malley met with Paul Robertson and the pair discussed a variety of issues before any attempts were made to do anything. The game has been integrated with the style of the comic as well as paying tribute to a variety of other video games including Double Dragon, Mega Man, Mario, and Guitar Hero, and is said to be highly influenced by River City Ransom.
Playable characters include Scott Pilgrim, Kim Pine, Stephen Stills, and Ramona Flowers. Also, Negascott is an unlockable character. Knives Chau and Mr. Chau are included as summonable characters. Knives and Wallace Wells also appear as playable DLC characters.
Loosely following the plot of the graphic novels, up to four players can play as Scott Pilgrim, Ramona Flowers, Kim Pine or Stephen Stills (or also unlockable character Negascott and downloadable characters Knives Chau and Wallace Wells), who must battle through several levels in order to defeat Ramona's seven evil exes.
Characters have their own individual move sets, which can be expanded upon by gaining enough experience, and are also able to use weapons and summon Knives Chau to assist them (Each character has a different effect). During co-operative play, certain actions can be performed such as simultaneously taunting to defeat enemies or reviving fallen comrades before they lose a life. Defeating enemies earns coins (stylized Canadian currency) which can be spent on health items or attribute boosts. Players can also enter Subspace areas which act as bonus areas where extra coins can be earned. There are cheat codes that, when entered on the title screen, will unlock different features, including extra game modes Survival Horror and Boss Rush.
There are 7 levels in the game called worlds, each one contains at least 2 sections and a boss battle at the end. The player(s) must reach the end and defeat the boss in order to complete the world.
- Each character has their own ending. However, it should be noted that finishing the game with Ramona reveals the true ending like in the book and movie.
- Just like the comics and the movie, the game contains numerous references. For a list, see References in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game.
- For a list of cheats, see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game cheats.
- The sprites and animations were done by Paul Robertson and show many elements of his signature style.
- Though the game has been delisted from the Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Store, it can still be obtained on PSN from Best Buy's website in the form of purchasable download codes which can be found here.
Related pages Edit
- Enemies in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
- References in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game cheats
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - Original Videogame Soundtrack
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Downloadable Content